Never Ever take the Circle Line

How long does it take you to get from Marble Arch via Notting Hill Gate to Victoria? 12 minutes apparently... try nearly an hour! I waited no time at all to get on a Central Line train, 3 stops to Notting Hill Gate and then just 5 stops to Victoria. But without telling me the Circle line was off after a signal failure at Cannon Street. But I didn’t know this until the first District Line train arrived. So I ended up going to Earls Court, going in the complete wrong direction to get on the District Line to Upminster and in no time at all, I was at Victoria.


I thought it would be quicker going this way as the Victoria Line was off as it was after 10pm. Little did I know this was the worst mistake possible going away from the centre of town. I know my way roughly around central London so I could have walked from Westminster to Charing Cross or Green Park to Victoria, but instead I took the scenic route, which I have decided I will never ever ever do again!