Google and the Japanese Earthquake

This morning, in the wake of the Japanese earthquake, google.co.uk added the following to their website:
"Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. Waves expected over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan." 

I thought this was very useful. But then I thought I'd see if every other Google had done this.

Of the ones I checked, only the USA, New Zealand, Australia and Russia versions of Google had this message.

Japan had an emergency webpage to be directed to. And the rest? France, Germany, Indonesia, the Philippines and the others all had nothing. Very strange. 

I'd love to know why the UK gets this message but not the rest of Europe. Do we care more? Are there more Japanese people here so we feel it's important to show our support? I don't know. It just seems odd that some Googles have displayed this message, and others haven't.

Some evidence: