Pub Watch

Here’s a plan, anybody like me, still looking for a job should become brilliant at facial recognition in the industry and then head to the pub after hours. Tonight Chris and I went to the Sun and 13 Cantons on Beak Street in Soho with a couple from TRBR, which was awesome. Getting to know them on a more personal level outside the office is almost/more useful than being inside it. Alcohol lets the conversation flow and you feel part of the furniture there instead of an outsider.

Although this game of Pub Watch has an even more useful attribute, networking. Lone behold at the same pub was a gang of AMV creatives, nowhere near Marylebone, and fortunately enough we’ve met one of them before. Puts on the sociable brain and grabs a handful of business cards and away I go. Hi, remember me? Yes you do! Fantastic, hows things, nearly rang you to make sure you knew I knew you etc. Explain the situation, as I jump in the middle of a bunch of AMV creatives. Cards fly, email offers for book crits, Job done. Back to the safety of the TRBR lot.

The thing is here, how many people want to look at your or go to the pub? How cool do you look if you say hi and they have no idea who you are? I dunno it may look cocky or cleaver, at least when you meet them you have a starter for one.