Independent launch a social media style newspaper

The 'i' is "the first quality newspaper to be launched in Britain for almost 25 years."

It claims "it’s not only a new paper, but a new kind of paper. Colourful and accessible, concise and intelligent", but that it's also "your essential daily briefing. Packed with news, views, entertainment, business and sport".

Now I don't need that waffle, what I first saw was "the matrix on pages two and three is designed to give you an overview of today’s news stories and is replicated in business and sport, so that you can get everything you need to know at a glance."

It's a printed paper, but in Twitter form. Brilliant! What a great idea from what's essentially an in depth newspaper. It's made for today's young audience. People that want bitesize information, but in a more up market way.

When the Metro updated its format, I thought it was great. Lots of snippets of stuff, an easy read and plenty of stories to keep to you reading. That's what I want. But now you can actually get a better version. And at 20p, it's as cheap as The Sun. I can see the business commuters going fairly crazy for this, especially in London.

You've got news apps, Twitter, Facebook and endless other ways to consume information on your way to work. I love flicking through Twitter in a morning. But that's because I'm cherry-picking the good bits. Now a paper can do half of that for me. I've never purposely bought The Independent before, but I would with this. Anyone with me?